Baked rice is one of the dishes that I often serve for gatherings at our place. The reason is because it is one kind of ‘self sufficient’ dish, which means that there are rice, meat, and vegetables in it, and therefore I do not need to cook few dishes to provide a well balance diet for my guests hohoho
Yes! It is just perfect for a busy lazy buzzy like me! =D
I’ve served baked rice for few occasions and apparently I’ve got few inputs from friends on how to improve my recipe. I must say that the first few rounds were actually quite lousy. ‘Phai seh…Phai seh’ =P
But thanks to my friends, now I have improved the recipe, and love to stick on this one =) However, if let’s say you follow my recipe and find something is still lacking, please drop me a message and I’ll be very happy to get feedback from you =)
- 2 cup uncooked rice, washed
- 30g butter (melted)
- 5 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 200g broccoli florets, stem trimmed
- 3 gourmet sausages (sliced thinly)
- 200g bacon (sliced)
- 6 tbsp corn nibblets
- Japanese mayonnaise
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Stir fry the sausages and bacon. Set aside.
- In the rice cooker pot, add melted butter, washed rice, water to cook rice (2.5 cup), garlic cloves, salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Place the broccoli florets at the upper rack of the rice cooker, and cook/steam them together with the rice mixture prepared in step 1. If you don’t have an upper rack, you can steam them separately.
- When the rice is cooked, mix and mash the steamed broccoli into the rice. Then add in the corn nibblets, stir-fried sausages and bacon, and 4 tbsp of shredded cheese. Mix everything well.
- Portion out the rice into oven-safe baking dishes (you can also use disposable aluminium tray) until half the depth of the dish.
- Smear some Japanese mayonnaise on top of the rice. Top with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200C (392F) for about 20 minutes, or until all the cheese has melted and is very slightly browned.