He loves it because it gives such a nice and warm feeling in his throat and body when he consumes it.
And it is so heartwarming and revitalizing, makes it also perfect for rainy season or when the weather is cold =)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chop into chunks
- 5 cm fresh ginger, skinned and thinly sliced
- 10 dried red dates, washed
- About 4 cups water
- About 80 g rock sugar or raw sugar
- In a pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add ginger, sweet potatoes and red dates. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the sugar and boil until it dissolves. You can adjust the amount of water and sugar for your preference taste.
- Serve hot or cold.
As for us, we prefer to serve it hot =)