Nowadays, I really have no choice but to ‘hide’ from Alex whenever I eat instant noodle. It was all started from just a small spoon of instant noodle that I gave him and … that’s it!!! He had tasted the ‘forbidden food’ and yes, he loved it =P
Even though I always eat the ones without MSG (Brand: KOKA), I still do not feel comfortable to give them to him at this moment.
But since he loves instant noodle so much, and I was the one who tempted him, so I thought I need to ‘redeem’ myself and try to cook a nice but healthier version of instant noodle for him.
(serves 1 toddler)
- 300ml of homemade chicken stock
- 1/2 carrot, cut into small pieces
- 30g broccoli florets, stem trimmed
- 30g angel hair (a thin form of spaghetti)
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water with some salt and oil added to boil. Then add angel hair pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and set in a soup bowl.
- Rinse the pot you cooked the pasta. Then add handmade chicken stock to it. Bring to boil. Blanch whatever ingredients you have in the soup stock until cooked (for my carrot – 15 minutes; broccoli – 5 minutes; egg – 1 minute).
- Add some salt and pepper. Then pour the boiling soup and ingredients over the angel hair pasta.
Alex loves it! However, I am not sure how long I can restraint him from the ‘real’ instant noodle =P But for now, I am glad that he is satisfied with this one =D
I hope that you and your toddler will love it, too =)
PS. For a better taste, you can actually omit the salt and add one tbsp of non-MSG chicken stock, brand: Maggie. It is sold in a bottle and available at most of the super market in Singapore.