Remember when I told you that I bought three tubes of discounted egg tofu? If you can’t, you can refer to my previous post Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Pork =)
I had posted two egg tofu recipes since then and I would love to share another one with you. I hope that you are not bored with egg tofu yet =P
This dish is just nice for me to prepare on the day when I have no energy or time to cook more than one dish. It has meat and vegetables, and therefore I ONLY need to cook ONE dish in order to provide a healthy meal for hubby =D And I am so glad that he is easily satisfied and does not mind to have this dish alone for his dinner =)
- 500 grams minced pork
- One pack baby asparagus (cut into 4cm length)
- One carrot (thinly sliced)
- One tube egg tofu (cut into 1cm thickness)
- Two cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Dash of white pepper powder
- Mix the minced pork with the marinade and allow it to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok and fry egg tofu until both sides turn brown. Set aside and put them on a plate.
- Pour out the remaining oil. Leave about 1 tbsp of oil in the wok.
- Stir fry garlic until fragrant. Put in the marinated minced pork and carrot, and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus to the wok and stir fry for another three minutes.
- Add some salt (if you wish). I didn’t add salt to my dish because I found it salty enough from the marinade.
- At last, put in the fried egg tofu and gently mix them with the pork and asparagus.
- Serve with warm rice.
PS. If you use big asparagus, you’ll need to remove the fibrous skin on the stalks before you cook them, otherwise they will taste woody and indigestible. You can see the steps here. If you find it too troublesome, like I do, then I’ll advise you to just use baby asparagus =)