This is another simple recipe that I love to cook for hubby and Alex. I got it from my friend, Melanie Ruth Salim, who loves to cook for her family and has a lot of delicious recipes =)
This is the good thing about passed-down recipes. Most of them are guaranteed good and do not require a lot of ‘uncommon’ ingredients and spices. It’s just so perfect for a beginner and amateur cook like me.
- One tube egg tofu
- Eight prawns
- One egg
- Dash of pepper
- Japanese seaweed (optional)
- Finely chop the egg tofu, or you can use your clean hand to smash it.
- Remove the prawns’ shells, de-vein the prawns by cutting along the top middle part of the prawns and remove the black veins, and then finely chop the prawns.
- Mix the egg tofu, prawns and egg in a plate. Add salt and dash of pepper.
- Bring water to boil in steamer and steam the egg tofu, prawns and egg over high heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with warm rice. I sprinkled some Japanese seaweed (Alex’s favorite) on top of the dish and rice.