Basically, it will alert me whenever I see any promotion items at the supermarket =D
And last week, my radar alerted me “TING TONG” when I spotted a promotion for egg tofu with every three tubes purchased.
Mmm…what a smart way of marketing, yeah! But honestly, it really works for housewife like me who wants to shop and save =P
So I bought three tubes of egg tofu and immediately searched for new recipe once I reached home. I found a good recipe here, but then I modified some of the ingredients (depends on what I have in the fridge on that day).
- 1 tube Silken egg tofu (cut into 1.5cm thickness)
- 1 whole carrot (chopped finely)
- 250 grams of minced pork
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Dash of salt & white pepper powder
- Mix the minced pork and chopped carrot with the marinade and allow it to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Mould the marinaded meat into balls and place them on top of tofu slices.
- Top each meat ball with chopped carrot (optional).
- Bring water to boil in steamer and then steam the tofu & meat over high heat for about 5-10 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
Hubby generously gave 10 points for the presentation “Flower on the plate”, and 8 points for the taste. When I jokingly asked why I only get 8 points for the taste, he diplomatically answered “Errr…actually the taste is nice, but I want to give you room for improvement.” Mmm…very well said =P =D
I supposed Alex loved the presentation too because there were so many ‘balls’ on his plate. And he gave me two thumbs up when he was having his lunch. YAY!!! Oh…how I wish this scenario can happen everyday =D
I hope that you and your family will love this recipe too =)