I love to make baked rice for my family. It is fuss-free, simple and nutritious. Instead of cooking two or three dishes a day, I can mix all the ingredients (vegetable, meet and rice), and bake them all together in just one dish =)
It’s just so perfect for me!!! =D
I got the recipe from my favorite food blog (www.noobcook.com), but then I played around with some of the ingredients (depend on what I have in the fridge on that day).
Let me share with you on how I made this dish =)
– 1 cup uncooked rice, washed
– Water to cook rice
– 20g to 30g butter
– 5 garlic cloves
– 100g broccoli florets, stem trimmed
– One whole tomato, sliced
– Salmon, sliced
– Japanese mayonnaise
– Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
– Salt & Pepper
- Melt the butter (I used microwave for about 40 seconds). In the rice cooker pot, add melted butter, washed rice, water to cook rice, garlic cloves, salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Using the upper rack of my rice cooker, I place broccoli florets, sliced tomatoes and salmon. Cook the rice mixture prepared in step 1 together with the upper rack of vegetables in the rice cooker.
- When the rice is cooked, mix all the steamed broccoli, tomatoes, and salmon with the rice. Portion out the rice into oven-safe baking dishes (you can also use disposable aluminium tray), and smear some Japanese mayonnaise on top of the rice.
- Top with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Baked in a pre-heated oven at 175C for about 20 minutes, or until all the cheese has melted and is slightly browned.